Sunday, September 13, 2015

Competition from Adham's perspective

Tadi umi bawak Adham pergi football practice. 

Initially he seems happy playing with others. Then he has to join the age group 7&8. More competitive. He had to tackle the ball from one another.  He was furious and sad. Threw his ball and came crying to me. I hate this game.

Me:😨.

Adham cried then: Its cruel! I want to kick the boys stomach becuse he kick my ball from me. Thats cruel.

Me: ok. Now what if you  play that boy n its your turn to kick the ball from the other kid?

Adham: No. Dont want. That is not nice. That will be bad boy. (Then he went to kick a plastic cone. Came back on my lap n cry some more)

Me: It is only practice. So you learn to defend your ball. Like you defend people from taking your bag or water bottle.

Him: But you can say dont take my water bottle. You dont have to grab or kick. That's bad.

Me:😥  You are so very nice Adham.

It felt like its a man kind of subject. So I looked around for any familiar male faces or the older coach. Hoping if I could get him to give Adham some macho "its ok lad, atta boy."

Mental note for myself to find backup plan. What sport apart from contact sport yg build confidence, defending what is yours and team play.

No comments:

Post a Comment